Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

As a kid, I used to love Valentines Day! It was an excuse for a class party, eating candy, and giving everyone cards. I used to save all my cards that I got in class since I thought it was so cool. My parents always got me a little something (and still do). I remember getting a Lip Smacker thinking it was so cool.

Now that I have gotten older, Valentines Day has been a bust. I never do anything exciting or have plans. Last year, my mom and I had takeout since my dad and sister were gone. My mom did buy me the Lady Gaga lipstick from MAC :) The year before that, I was dog sitting and made myself a lovely dinner. I did end up seeing some friends which was a nice.

Today was different. I was spending it with the second graders. They were so excited and it made my day. I had so much with them and it reminded me really what the holiday was about, having fun with your loved ones. We played games and passed out cards. One of the boys gave the teachers flowers which I thought was cute. They are tulips, my favorite! Another girl gave me a Starbucks gift card. Of course there was a ton of candy :)

When I got home, my mom made a lovely stake dinner. I had too much fun with my family. It was nice to enjoy dinner with them.

Overall a great day, as my student Jack said "Valentines Day is all about peace, love, and eating sweet candy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment