Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The one time I went to Boulder...

The Bolder Boulder will be always be a favorite race. It was the first race I ever ran. I credit this race to helping me love running and not seeing running as a punishment, it's actually fun! This year was the fourth time I ran it. It may not have been my best time, but I think it was one of my favorite races.

My dad and I went up on Sunday to stay in Boulder since our wave time was 7:21 am. There was no way  we would drive up in the morning! We left the Springs around 10ish and had a late brunch (well lunch) at Tangerine. My sister recommended it to us and really enjoyed it. The menu was full of organic healthy choices. I had lemonade since it said it was house made and it was delicious! I picked the asparagus and mushroom poached egg.


After lunch we stopped by the 29th Street mall, I picked up sunscreen and two tank tops from Lululemon. Since we had to wait to check into our hotel, we stopped by a coffee shop where I had the Boulder Hippie Smoothie. It had soy instead of regular milk.


After a long wait, we were finally able to check into our hotel! We were given free drink vouchers since our room wasn't ready on time. I was tired and able to take a power nap before dinner. 

Pearl Street is probably one of my favorite parts of Boulder. Pearl Streets has cute shops and delicious restaurants. We picked another place that we never tried before, Pizza Locale. It was featured in Food Network magazine awhile back and we always wanted to try it. 


We had the perfect view of the kitchen and watched our dinner be made!


Our yummy bruschetta we started with.


My pizza, the margherita, a classic.


My dad's eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini.


Me chilling by the pizza bar.

After dinner I was able to chill with my friend Tyler and enjoy our free drink vouchers. It was great catching up with him! 


I'll post race info in another entry! 


No comments:

Post a Comment